Broad Bean Bruschetta with Goats’ Cheese and Thyme
This is a great starter for a relaxed meal or makes a delicious summery lunch for a sunny day.
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- ½ a sourdough loaf
- 300g fresh broad beans
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small red chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- 200g goats’ cheese or halloumi
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped thyme
- Olive oil for brushing
- Juice of one lime
- Blanch the broad beans for a couple of minutes until softened and allow to cool down.
- Mix together the spring onions, garlic, chili, thyme and lime juice and then add the cooled broad beans. Lightly squash the mixture so that it all melds together.
- Slice the sourdough loaf and brush with olive oil. Place under the grill and toast lightly on both sides.
- Crumble the goats’ cheese or place slices of the halloumi on the bread and top with the broad bean mixture. Season with a little salt and coarsely ground black pepper and enjoy.
With thanks to Juliette from Fredrick’s Fine Foods in Diss.