Watercress, wild rocket and potato soup with sautéed girolles and crisp Parma ham
- 500g watercress
- 500g wild rocket
- 1 large white onion
- 4 medium-sized potatoes
- 3 pints of vegetable stock
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 sprig thyme
- 4 slices of Parma ham *
- 5 girolle mushrooms
- Peel the onion and potatoes and finely chop both. Sweat them off in a dash of oil for about two minutes, without allowing them to colour.
- Add both the herbs and the vegetable stock. Bring to the boil then let simmer.
- When the potato becomes tender and soft, add both the watercress and wild rocket and cook for a further two minutes.
- Blitz in the food processor until smooth and adjust the seasoning to taste – remember the watercress and rocket are peppery.
- Place the Parma ham in the oven for 10 minutes at 160°C/320°F, or until crispy.
- Sauté the girolles for one to two minutes in a frying pan.
- Pour the soup in to a bowl, scattering the girolles on top and breaking up pieces of Parma ham to garnish the soup and add texture.
This dish can be served hot or cold – enjoy!
* Please note, the Parma ham is optional for a vegetarian alternative.