Vegan Lime Cheesecake
This delicious zesty dessert is a sumptuous and refreshing end to any meal… or just as good whenever you fancy something sweet!
Need to know:
Time to prepare: 10 minutes.
Time to cook: 2 minutes.
Equipment needed: 4 x 3in/7cm diameter chef’s rings, ramekins or shallow pots.
Ingredients (Makes 4 individual cheescakes):
- 80g vegan biscuits of your choice
- 1 dessert spoon of coconut oil
- 160g Coconut Collaborative
- 70g vegan cream cheese
- 30g plain Alpro youghurt
- 2 heaped tsp icing sugar
- 2 limes, grated zest of
- 1 lime, juiced
- Place the biscuits in a sealed bag and hammer with a rolling pin until crushed into crumbs.
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan for 2 minutes, then remove from the heat and mix the crumbs into the oil.
- Divide the crumb mixture equally between the four pots and press it down well using the back of a spoon.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients together and mix well.
- You can now either spoon your mixture onto the biscuit bases or pipe it in, either way works.
- Sprinkle a little lime zest on top then place the cheesecakes into the fridge to chill until you are ready to eat them. If using a chef’s ring, carefully remove the ring before serving for perfect presentation.
Top tip: Most bourbon biscuits are vegan, but if you prefer something plain, you could use rich tea.
Thank you to Jane Tate for this lovely recipe, which was taken from her book Janie’s Vegan Cook Book.
From Newton Flotman, Jane changed to a vegan diet 5 years ago, and decided to write the book to show how easy it is for anyone to make delicious and healthy vegan food. She gives 10% of the profits from the sales of her book to local animal charities.
To buy her book, or to find out more, go to janiesvegancookbook.co.uk.