ASPARAGUS & CRAB LINGUINE with Parsley And Lemon Butter Sauce
It’s asparagus time… a short window in late spring when this delicious seasonal star is centre stage!
Of course, buying asparagus locally is the very best way to enjoy it at its peak. Try this simple recipe to add a dash of pizzazz to your succulent spears!
Ingredients (Serves 4-6):
- 300g dried linguine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- The meat from 2 freshly dressed
- 1 bundle of British asparagus,
- trimmed and cut into 3cm
- 100g butter
- 3 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and finely
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely
- 1 mild red chilli, deseeded and
- finely chopped
- 50ml vegetable stock
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Cook the linguine in plenty of boiling salted water for approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Drain the majority of the water and add the olive oil, stir through the pasta and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large sauté pan, add the onion and asparagus and season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Sweat over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes then add the chilli and garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the crab along with the vegetable stock and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped parsley, chives and lemon juice, then add the pasta and make sure all the ingredients are mixed together thoroughly.
- Season to taste and serve immediately.
TIPS: Leave a little bit of the cooking water in the pasta to prevent the linguine from sticking together. If you don’t have any chives, the tops of spring onions finely chopped is a great alternative.
With thanks to Portwood Asparagus for this recipe.
For more ideas on cooking with asparagus, go to portwoodasparagus.co.uk.