Remembering Diss Picture House
50 years ago, on 3 March 1973, the lights of Diss Picture House went out for the last time.
The town first had a cinema in 1915, rebuilt as The New Picture House in 1934, with Jessie Matthews in ‘Evergreen’ as the first film. The building still stands on Victoria Road and is now Hughes Electrical.
Basil Abbott, Diss Museum Manager, has collected some wonderful memories from local people about the cinema and will present these together with a powerpoint presentation about the Picture House.
Entrance fee for Friends of Diss Museum £3; Non-members – £5.
Pay at the door – All Welcome – Plenty of free parking